Reasons for investing in Africa:
- Large market opportunity. It is true that about forty percent of Africa population are estimated to live below US$1.25 a day. However, about sixty percent are not and are in high demand for products and services.
- Potential for infrastructural and agricultural development.
- Huge mobile communication need: Africa currently has the highest growth rate for cell phone use globally. Even most Africans that live below US$1.25 a day own cell phones. This indicates that the telecommunications industry has a vast market in Africa.
- Africa has the most natural resources in the world.
- Huge skilled workforce of mostly youths (inclusive of a large percentage of foreign trained graduates).
- Increasing need for electricity: Most rural communities in Africa are yet to be connected to national electrical grids. Therefore, even small scale investors can offer solutions.
- Increasing number of profitable local and international companies operating in Africa (including Telecom Company MTN, Nigerian Breweries, South African Breweries Limited, Dangote Group amongst others).
- Low tax rate in most Africa countries.
About the author:Efeturi Paul Odele (26 years old) was born in rural Nigeria. He is presently a Graduate student, studying Project Management at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration in Moscow, Russia.
Contact: Efeturi P. Odele, Mobile: +79854247844, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org